After you have you backed up your child's Apple mobile device to a local computer using iTunes and then installed the uKnowKids Relay application on that local computer, you must give the uKnowKids Relay application permission to access your child's mobile device iTunes backup.
In summary, the final step in connecting your child's mobile device to uKnowKids using iTunes is to "Allow" the data to be sent from the computer to our servers via the uKnowKids Relay application. This is a quick and easy thing to do.
1. Simply click on the uKnowKids Relay app icon in the system tray.
2. Click on Permissions.
3. Click on the "Allow" option that is to right of the child's device you wish to connect.
4. Once you select the Allow option it should look like the following.
Remember to make sure the uKnowKids Relay app is always running in the background. Like all programs it has to be running to work.
If you need ANY help getting started with uKnowKids in addition to the instructions listed below, please consider one of the following two additional service options:
- Register for a "Get Started with uKnowKids" web training class
We host web training classes throughout the day each and every day (excluding holidays), and we will walk you through everything you need to know about getting started with uKnowKids.
- Request a Setup Assistance phone call with a member of the uKnowKids support team
You can simply schedule a day and time for our team to call you, and we will spend 15-30 minutes with you helping you get started with uKnowKids.