iCloud or iTunes? Which one to use for backing up my child's device? Which one to use to connect to uKnowKids?
These are all great questions. A search on the internet will yield lots of articles written that will describe the similarities and differences between backing up to iTunes or to iCloud. We have even found several articles on why to use both services. Here is an article that our team here at uKnowKids has written regarding the Pros and Cons of each as they relate to our servers.
Once you have worked out the decision on which method to use the next steps will be to prepare the devices. You need to backup your child's device to either iCloud or iTunes.
- To backup to iTunes please feel free to use the following linkhttps://uknowkids.zendesk.com/knowledge/articles/360000395903/en-us?brand_id=1133246
- To backup to iCloud please feel free to use the following https://uknowkids.zendesk.com/knowledge/articles/205111355/en-us?brand_id=1133246
Once you have the backups ready then we are ready to get you pulling the data. The following links will walk you through the process. One is to use with iCloud and the other to go with using iTunes.
Most users are able to complete the iCloud setup without a phone while most users will need some assistance to complete the iTunes setup. Regardless of iCloud or iTunes we are happy to walk you through the process if you need it.
Please feel free to select a convenient date and time for a Child Setup Call here... https://www.uknowkids.com/calendar/
Keys to Success
- If using iCloud make sure the child does not have 2 Factor Authentication enabled.
- If using iTunes make sure the backup is not encrypted.
- Remember we do not pull data from the device. We rely on either iTunes or iCloud for data. To get current data make sure backups are current.
We will need to be super efficient so that we can fit everything in during the time we have allotted.
We look forward to helping you get fully set up with uKnowKids.