You can setup your child's mobile device and iTunes, so that the mobile device will automatically backup to iTunes whenever the iTunes is open on your local computer, and both the computer and your child's mobile device are both connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
You can also manually initiate a backup of your child's mobile device if necessary.
Configure iTunes to Automatically Backup to your Local Computer:
- Connect your child's iOS device to the local computer (please use the appropriate USB cable)
- Open iTunes on the computer if it doesn't open automatically
- Click the device button if iTunes doesn't automatically open to the device summary
- Under the Backups section of the device summary, choose This computer to back the device to the local computer (You may choose Encrypt local backup as an option as well if desired).
- Click Back Up Now to make sure the device does have the most current data available in iTunes.
- Under the Options section, check Sync with this iPhone over Wi-Fi.
(Please note that if you have issues getting a current backup, you can connect the child's device directly to the host computer via a cable.)
- Click the Apply button in the bottom right to save the settings.
- Click Done
Going forward, your child's mobile device will automatically backup to iTunes whenever the iTunes is open on your local computer, and both the computer and your child's mobile device are both connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
Please Note: uKnowKids will only get new data when the child's mobile device backs up to iTunes. This is done by doing a backup as described above. Periodically, some devices may experience a problem backing up via WiFi. In this instance, we recommend plugging in the device to the host computer and then manually initiating a backup via iTunes.