Configure iTunes for uKnowKids Desktop:
- Connect the iOS device to the computer (please use the appropriate USB cable)
- Open iTunes on the computer if it doesn't open automatically
- Click the device at the top if iTunes doesn't automatically open to the device summary
- Under the Backups section of the device summary, choose This computer to back the device to the local computer and ensure the Encrypt local backup (the language may change depending on the device. e.g. "Encrypt iPhone backup") checkbox is left unchecked. Click Back Up Now to make sure the device does have the most current data available in iTunes.
- Under the Options section, check Sync with this iPhone over Wi-Fi. Please note that if you have issues getting a current backup try connecting the child's device direct to the host computer.
- Click the Apply button in the bottom right to save the settings.
- Click Done
Please Note: uKnowKids will only get new data once the device puts the data into iTunes. This is done by doing a backup as described above. Some devices may not be able to backup via WiFi on a consistent and reliable basis. We always recommend plugging in the phone to the host computer for regular backups if you have any issues with the backup into iTunes.