A geofence is a virtual perimeter for a real-world geographic area. Geofences allow uKnowKids to alert you when your child arrives at or departs from a place of interests to you. This could be school, a friend’s home, the mall, etc. The smallest geofence you can create is an area of a few blocks.
Before you can configure a geofence, you first need to connect your child's Android mobile phone or iPhone to their uKnowKids profile. Please complete this step if you have not done so already. Click here for instructions.
Once your child’s mobile phone is connected to their uKnowKids profile, follow these steps to create your first geofence:
- Sign into your account
- Once you have accessed your account you will be viewing the All Children page
- The All Children page will display every Child Profile card associated with your account. Click the Select button for the child profile you would like to edit.
- Once inside the child profile you would like to edit, locate and click on the Family Locator link in the primary navigation at the top of your dashboard.
- You will then click on the green Geofences link located above the History title on the right hand side of this page.
- Click the green, New Geofence button
- When the yellow geofence circle appears on the map, click and drag the orange spot which appears in the center of the circle to the location on the map which is near the area of interest.
- At any time, you can release the circle and use your mouse to zoom in or out on the map by scrolling on your mouse. You can then click and drag the circle to a more precise location.
- You can shrink or expand the size of the geofence by clicking and dragging the blue circle on the outside of the geofence.
- Once you have positioned the geofence, name your geofence and indicate whether you would like to be notified when your child Enters or Leaves the geofenced area
- Click the Add Geofence button