If the iCloud data you are seeing in the uKnowKids dashboard is old, then this likely means that your child's Apple mobile device has not backed up to iCloud recently.
You can confirm that this is the problem by doing the following...
- Log into your uKnowKids dashboard, and go to your child's uKnowKids profile.
- Click on the Update Status link in the main navigation of the uKnowKids dashboard.
- Check the Apple iCloud card for details regarding your child’s iCloud data.
You will notice that your child’s Apple mobile device last backup date and time is provided for your convenient reference. This is the most recent possible data that uKnowKids can monitor for you.
As a reminder, click here for a quick summary of how uKnowKids for Apple features works.
With this in mind, please follow these 3 steps in order to ensure that your child's iCloud data is up to date...
- Make sure your child's Apple device is set up to automatically back up to Apple iCloud every night.
Also, here is a good Apple article on setting up your child's device to automatically backup every night.
If the settings on your child's device are properly configured as instructed above, iCloud will automatically back up the information on your child's device —iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch—over Wi-Fi every day when the device is turned on, locked, and connected to a power source.
- Manually initiate an iCloud backup, so that the latest Apple data is included in the Backup. On your child's iOS 9 device: Go to Settings > iCloud > Backup, then tap Back Up Now.
In the future, there should be no need to do this if you followed Step 1 above.
- Finally, let us know when the device has been backed up, and we can manually initiate a sync/update with iCloud to immediately show you updated Apple mobile device data.
We will also acquire the new iCloud data during our next automatic sync/update process with iCloud which typically occurs every 6 hours or so.
You can also manually initiate sync/updates yourself from the Update Status page IF we are not already in the midst of an auto sync/update.
Once this is completed, you will be good to go!!!