Facebook is one of the largest social networking sites in the world. There are more than a billion registered users. Nearly half of these users also use their mobile phone to interact with the site and many millions use the new Facebook Messenger mobile application to chat, text and email their Facebook Friends.
If would like to monitor your child’s Facebook account, there are two ways to connect their account to uKnowKids. The first way is to follow these simple steps:
- Make sure you are logged out of Facebook on the device you are using with uKnowKids.
- Sign into your uKnowKids account.
- Select the appropriate child
- From the resulting page, click on the Settings Cog in the top right corner of the page;
- From the drop down menu, click on Data Connections;
- Select Facebook (as pictured below) and follow the prompts.
The second way to connect your child’s Facebook account to their profile is from the Launchpad page. If you have already accessed your child’s profile and you are viewing their Launchpad page, click the gray Facebook icon in the top left section of the Launchpad page and follow the prompt on the resulting page.
You will need to know the email address and password associated with your child’s Facebook account in order to connect their account to uKnowKids. Click here to learn more why we require you to know your child’s email address and Facebook password.
Important: Be sure you are not signed into Facebook with your own Facebook account when you attempt to connect your child’s Facebook. If you have a Facebook account and you have not signed out, you may inadvertently start monitoring your own Facebook account. Click here for instructions on what to do if you accidentally start monitoring your own Facebook account.
If you need ANY help getting started with uKnowKids in addition to the instructions listed below, please consider one of the following two additional service options:
- Register for a "Get Started with uKnowKids" web training class
We host web training classes throughout the day each and every day (excluding holidays), and we will walk you through everything you need to know about getting started with uKnowKids.
- Request a Setup Assistance phone call with a member of the uKnowKids support team
You can simply schedule a day and time for our team to call you, and we will spend 15-30 minutes with you helping you get started with uKnowKids.