When you sign into Facebook and access your account, Facebook creates a “session”. During this session, a cookie is placed on your computer that keeps that session open, even if you close out the browser. This helps to create a better user experience for Facebook users because the next time they visit the Facebook website, they are automatically logged in. The only way to close a session is to log out of Facebook as pictured below.
While you were completing the child setup process, you were redirected to Facebook so that you could enter your child's email address and password. However, because a Facebook session associated with your own account was still open, Facebook connected your account to your child’s uKnowKids profile.
To correct this issue, follow these simple steps:
- Confirm that you have successfully logged out of the Facebook website
- Sign into your uKnowKids account and select the child profile you wish to edit
- Click on the Settings Cog icon at the top-right corner of the dashboard
- Click on Data Connections
- Select Facebook
- Click the Remove button to remove your Facebook account.
- Once your Facebook account has been removed from your child’s profile, follow these steps for connecting your child’s Facebook account to their uKnowKids profile.
Once you have connected your child's Facebook account, our system will begin syncing the data. This process can take up to a few hours to complete. Once the initial sync has been completed, an update sync will be performed every few hours moving forward.