In order for uKnowKids to help you monitor your child's mobile device activities, we must have access to your child's mobile device data. uKnowKids with Apple iTunes utilizes the uKnowKids Relay application on your local computer to process local backup files from your child's mobile device. Therefore, the solution is 100% immune to the inherent risks of iCloud account locks that exists with alternative iCloud monitoring solutions.
The following is a summary of the setup process for uKnowKids with Apple iTunes:
- Open up the Apple iTunes software application on a local computer (PC or Mac) in your house.
If necessary, you can quickly install Apple iTunes on the local PC or Mac computer first by following the instructions here... https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
- Configure Apple iTunes software application for automatic, wireless backups of your child's Apple mobile device via WiFi, so that your child's mobile device will automatically and wirelessly backup locally via iTunes.
This link includes instructions for this step... https://support.uknowkids.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000395903
- Manually initiate a local backup of your child's Apple mobile device via iTunes to ensure current data is available to uKnowKids
Instructions for how to do this are included in the article linked above.
- Install the uKnowKids Relay software application on the same local PC or Mac computer in your house, and then pair the uKnowKids Relay software application with the uKnowKids system.
This link includes instructions for this step... https://uknowkids.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360008288952
- Start monitoring!
* Please note that for uKnowKids to have up-to-date data, your child's Apple mobile device must regularly backup via iTunes. We cannot get new data without a new backup!
* The initial download could take over an hour to complete.
* Your child's Apple mobile device and your local, host computer must be on the same WiFi network for automatic, wireless backups to occur.
If you need ANY help getting started with uKnowKids in addition to the instructions listed below, please consider one of the following two additional service options:
- Register for a "Get Started with uKnowKids" web training class
We host web training classes throughout the day each and every day (excluding holidays), and we will walk you through everything you need to know about getting started with uKnowKids.
- Request a Setup Assistance phone call with a member of the uKnowKids support team
You can simply schedule a day and time for our team to call you, and we will spend 15-30 minutes with you helping you get started with uKnowKids.